BETTER Tuna Helper
This recipe for BEST Instant Pot Tuna Helper tastes JUST AS GOOD as the store-bought kind and it’s SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOU! Here are a few reasons that you’re better off eating this version of Tuna Helper over the packaged version:
It’s Gluten-Free - It’s Low Carb - It’s Dairy-Free - It has FRESH INGREDIENTS - It’s Higher in Protein
Not to mention, with the use of an Instant Pot, this recipe cooks altogether without the need to boil a pot of water to cook the noodles. Super quick and easy, as weeknight recipes must be in order to practically be incorporated into your family’s healthy, fitness lifestyle. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here's what you need:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 white onion, diced
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut flour
½ cup white wine
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 can (13.66oz) coconut milk
1 (8oz) box of Banza Rotini Chickpea Pasta
2 cans (5 oz) albacore tuna, in water
1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots
2 cups broth (chicken or bone)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
For the topping:
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley
1. Turn the pressure cooker on and select the Sauté function. Once hot, add the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
2. Add the salt, pepper, and coconut flour. Cook, stirring often until the coconut flour is golden. Deglaze the pot with the wine.
3. Mix in the nutritional yeast, dijon mustard and coconut milk. Stir and cook until bubbly. Select cancel to reset the pressure cooker setting.
4. Mix in the Banza Rotini pasta, frozen peas and carrots, broth and fresh parsley. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Once complete, allow 7 minutes for the pressure to release. Remove the lid and stir the noodles into the sauce. Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish.
5. Pulse the topping ingredients in a food processor until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole. Place in the oven under the high broil for 3-5 minutes, watching closely, until just toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
One serving equals: 345 calories, 15g fat, 807mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 28g protein